IDA TJEKNAVORIAN-SCHLOSSBERG, is the founder, owner and president of this unique company. She has created “The hottest holiday table-top decorations”. Her designs can be found in the most elegant stores and ultimately in the finest homes. Today, retailers call the exclusive decorations from Salzburg Creations, “the creme de la creme” of table-top and trim-a-tree. The exquisite handwork of the filigree and the natural spices along with their magical presentation have made Salzburg Creations a leading company in the arena, with virtually no competition.
Ida was born to Armenian parents in Iran and was raised in Vienna, Austria. Ida grew up in a very special environment. Her brother Loris, is a composer and conductor and studied in Academy of Music In Vienna with Carl Orff. Ida remembers her childhood spent with his presence and Loris’s classmates Zubin Mehta and Christa Ludwig. Her sister Atchuk, now retired, was one of the highest ranking diplomats in the United Nations Industrial Development Organization in Vienna, Austria. Ida immigrated to the United States of America at the age of 17 to further her academic studies in mathematics. In her career as an economist for the Pahlavi foundation, Ida lived in New Orleans for 8 years and was directly responsible for the 1st tower built in the foot of the Canal Street in New Orleans The "Canal Place". As a sign of her major role in the creation of this project, her signature was inscribed in marble Plaque on the roof of the building.
In the 20 years since Salzburg Creations, Inc. began, Ida has paid very close attention to what her American and English clients have requested for their patrons. She has been further inspired by her daughter since she was a youngster. Anoush, is a graduate of Georgetown University, School of Foreign Service. She was a Fulbright Fellow teaching and doing research in Vienna, Austria and has graduated with her Masters degree from Harvard University.
Ida is married to Steven Schlossberg. They live in upstate New York. Together, they endeavor to ensure that Salzburg Creations continues to be the premier company in the design, manufacturing and distribution of Holiday Decor.
One of the most unique features of these decorations is that they are all hand made without the use of glue and Styrofoam. The marvelous and mostly natural components such as highest quality cloves, cinnamon, star anise, miniature pine cones, nuts adorned with gold or silver filigree are all hand wrapped and finished with ribbons and tassels. They are all hand picked and assembled in the old style of the Austrian Biedermeir period. However, since the American and English style of this type of accessories differ somewhat, Ida quickly studied these new trends and created and marketed the most wonderful range of styles and products to suit these markets.
NINE MAJOR LINES WERE CREATED
1. CHARMS - A wonderful line of gilded miniature cones, cloves and star anise with silk flowers; adorned with mirrors for good luck.
The Charms line of decorations comes in silver and gold.
Each group starts with a tapered candle ring and continues with 2, 3, 4, 6, 10 and 18 inch candle rings. The larger rings can also be hung as wall wreaths. Single topiaries start with hostess size mini trees which can be used as name and place card holders. The topiaries also come as 7, 12, 18 and 24 inch topiary trees seated in beautiful gold or silver ceramic pots, adorned with matching tassels and ribbons. Each decorative style also has matching center pieces, kissing balls and several sizes of round ball topiaries. The lines are completed with matching hanging ornaments.
THE NEXT SEVERAL LINES ALSO CONTAIN ALL THE SIZES AND ELEMENTS LISTED ABOVE.
2. ASPEN – inspired by the great rustic environment of the American mountain country. This line is woodsy and nutty and is adorned with gold beads to provide more warmth to the rustic feel of the decorations.
3. FRUIT – Packed with cloves and cinnamon, star anise, berries
and cones. This design is our most emotional line for the holidays, “A
4. CRYSTAL & DIAMOND – A very elegant and dazzling look for clients who adore the look of jewelry. These decorations feature lots of sparkle and fine detail.
5. BEADED TREES AND WREATHS – This line was inspired by Ida’s dear friend, Merrill Silver of Bergdorf Goodman. This magnificent line is made in a larger scale. The wreaths and trees measure 18, 30 and 46 inches. All the decorations are made with sugary beaded fruits, wires and gold gilded leaves.
6. NUT TREES – This Line was inspired by Ida’s dear friend, Nicholas Manville of Bergdorf Goodman. These trees are made with walnuts and cardamom spice nuts. The trees come in 16, 24 and 36 inch sizes. This early American holiday home decorative element, walnut, is now enhanced with the wonderful aroma of cardamom.
7. WE and NK Line -Most exquisite designs. Each clove is wrapped in gold or silver bouillon and is full of the fragrance of the cloves. These wonderful items are extremely difficult to produce but are perfection in glamour.
8. PINE CONE Trees - Are all hand made with real pine cones that are wired in place. They come in rose gold and natural colors, in several sizes.
9. ANOUSH - 2006 best seller award. A 24" wreath so magnificent, so vibrant and glamorous with matching trees. Perfect for an elegant home.
For the past 21 years Ida Tjeknavorian-Schlossberg has been extremely fortunate to work exclusively with very up scale clients from around the world. Her products can be found in Japan, Europe and all over the United States of America. During this time, Ida has worked with many loyal clients including Isetan, Aki International, Fortnum and Mason, Asprey of London, Thomas Goode, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Crabtree and Evelyn, Martha Stewart, Gorsuch, Gumps, Barney’s New York, Bloomingdale’s, Lord & Taylor, Caswell-Massey, Webster House and Hall's and many high end table top and gift stores.
In 1992, Salzburg Creations received the sole rights to produce and market the famous Vienna Bronzes, which were founded in 1850 in Vienna, Austria.
In 1998, Ida received the exclusive license to produce eleven pieces of Vienna Bronzes as a limited edition of 200 sets to commemorate Walt Disney’s Fantasia 2000.
There were seven segments to the movie and Salzburg Creations produced Noah’s Ark and characters which accompanied Pomp and Circumstance. Three other well known companies were involved with the Fantasia project; Cartier, Stueben and Royal Daulton.
In 1995 Ms. Tjeknavorian-Schlossberg took her love of Austrian design further by using the Austrian Secession period as her inspiration. She incorporated many works of art from this period into the designs of her hand made woolen area rugs. These area rugs and carpets became an instant success as well.